Congratulations on your decision to invest in window film from ClimatePro. To make sure the installation goes smoothly, please read these commonly asked questions and answers. If you have other questions or concerns please contact us.
Will my windows be inspected before the installation?
It is standard practice for our team to inspect the windows prior to installation. We check for and note items such as:
- Loose panes of glass
- Broken or cracked glass
- Stickers and decals
- Window frame imperfections
- An alarm system or other components
What about prior glass breakage or insulated glass seal problems?
It’s imperative that you disclose if your home or building has a history of glass breakage or insulated glass unit (IGU) seal failure prior to the installation of window film. We need this information to select the appropriate window film product for your situation. Failure to share this information could cause a film to glass compatibility issues and possibly void your warranty coverage.
Should I remove window treatments and knick-knacks?
- Remove all items from window sills such as plants and other knick-knacks.
- Removal window treatments should be discussed prior to installation and may require additional fees or services.
- If it’s not possible to remove window treatments, position them for easy access to the glass.
Should I move the furniture?
- Move any furniture you can that could block access to the windows
- If pieces are too heavy for you to move, contact us so we can be prepared to move them for you.
- This information should be disclosed and discussed prior to installation.
What do I do about dust, other airborne contaminants, and my pets?
The cleaner the air in your home, the better our installation can be. To minimize airborne contamination during the installation process:
- Close all air conditioning and heating vents near windows.
- Clean the floors and vacuum the carpeting the day before installation.
- If possible, remove pets from the area during installation.
Do I need to clean my windows first?
No, not all. We would prefer if you didn't. Even if you clean your windows right before our installation we would still clean the application side again.