Are you looking into ways to integrate daylighting into your energy saving goals? 3M’s New Daylight Redirecting window film is a state of the art material that recently won an award for architectural material of the year. This material has been fast-tracked from design to production and is the excitement of architects and engineers. The proprietary design of light re-directing film uniquely gathers the parts of the light spectrum that creates light all while reducing the intensity of the sun’s glare and heat. Additionally, the film will also reject 99% of the sun’s ultraviolet light which is the main contributor to the fading of carpets and window fabrics.
This film acts similarly to a light shelf; however, it’s much more cost effective. Specifically catering towards office buildings, daylight redirecting film increases natural light, which has been proven to increase productivity in the workplace. In a nutshell, the film captures up to 80% of the exterior sun rays and projects the light vertically toward the office ceiling. The ability to capture the suns light translates into lower utility costs as less artificial light is required for employee efficiency. These carbon negative, sustainable film materials also provide LEED Environmental Design Credits which are a huge plus in the architectural and engineering community.
3M Window Film’s Daylight Redirecting Film is a cost-effective way to provide natural lighting deeper inside a building while reducing glare, heat, and fading.
These innovative films can do the following:
- Redirects light toward the ceiling, reducing the need for artificial lighting during the day
- Reduces occupant glare and excess light near window
- Provides benefit of natural light to interior occupants
- Can be used with different glass types to achieve different aesthetic looks
- No maintenance or cleaning
- Can be combined with 3M™ Solar Film to reduce heat to maximize energy savings
- Blocks 99% of UV light, reducing fading
- LEED credits available for use of daylight
To learn more about daylighting with 3M daylight redirecting window film, click HERE. If you have any questions or would like to arrange an absolutely free, no obligation consultation, you can contact ClimatePro by calling (800)-479-6292 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We service the entire greater San Francisco Bay Area.